Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hard.

Sometimes being a mom is hard. But then again, sometimes being Liv and having a mom is hard. She can't talk. She has to eat puke in a jar every day. She sleeps behind bars. She gets her face kissed off all day. Hard. Lots of things are hard. Having to be G and work 15 hours a day and get up in the dark is hard. Having to stay home all day and without human interaction is hard. Not being able to have children is hard. Having children is hard.  Being in school and having your brain stretched and eating ramen noodles is hard. Not getting to be in school and having your brain mold is also hard. Being single is hard. Being married can be hard. Being chubby and feeling your pants are like a suction cup torture device is hard. Exercising and going to the gym with a water bottle and sweating like a green otter pop on a hot sidewalk is hard. Living away from family is so hard. Living by family and trying to schedule it all is hard. Going on a mission is hard. Not being on a mission is hard. It's all hard. Hard and good. I used to think that hard and good are opposites. Now I think that they are the same.  Anything that is hard is usually good, not fun, good for us and who we want to be.
 
 “We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.”   -Marjorie Hinckley

I love both those quotes. Even though I murmur so much I could probably be married to Laman and Lemuel, I really am so thankful for my personal set of hard things that are so good for me. Hard and Good. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment