Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy Easter.

I have been looking at bosch mixers and vitamix blenders lately. Granted it's a little premature considering I'm at least a year away from purchasing either but I still like to look. One of the words I see when checking them out is "refurbished". I like the definition. It means: to restore to freshness of appearance or good condition;to brighten or improve.  I feel like having kids refurbishes all the holidays.  We do basically the same traditions every year but having kids make all the holidays seem refurbished, or restored to freshness and fun.  
When I was cleaning out one (of many) junk drawers I found an egg decorating kit. I thought it would be the perfect Saturday afternoon in July activity for Liv and I.
Needless to say, it was refurbished egg dying at its finest. She was completely fascinated. Captivated.
She was concentrating so hard on dying each egg (and her arm). I loved seeing her so astounded at the results. It was so fun to be with her doing something that she found so exciting.
I love refurbished holidays. Especially Easter in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment