Monday, March 26, 2012

What's your total today?


I love to laugh.  The average adult laughs on average of 3-5 times per day and the average child laughs over 150. What the heck happens to us? Talk about a horrible not funny statistic. You don't need to be doing a Doctoral thesis on laughter to see that validity of those statistics.  Any comedian can make it with children.  It doesn't have to be clever or witty or even funny for them to bust a gut.  Yesterday my two side kick neighbor boys ages 8 and 5 came over.  They are home schooled so coming over is like their exotic field trip.   I put on "Horton Hears a Hoo" for them and they were laughing so hard the youngest boy kept choking because he was laughing harder than he could breathe.  The older one came down the stairs with a very serious face and said, "Um, Chelsey I am feeling just real real bad for you right now." I asked him why and he responded, "Because I don't know if you know but you're house is really super small."  I was not aware.  Kids are so funny.

Don't you want to know what this lady is laughing at? I certainly do. Laughing wrinkles are supreme.

Liv is the best because she doesn't even understand English but she laughs like a she's got front row tickets to Brian Regan if I put a blanket over my face.  She's got the fastest humor threshold of any human alive. I love it.  Making her shriek with laughter is by far my favorite hobby.  
People need to laugh more. I need to laugh more. I love to laugh. I wonder how many times I could potentially laugh during the day and don't just because my humor receptors have been dulled and moldy by my crusty aging years.  I feel like laughing hard is like fresh air to your whole soul.  Life is way too short to be around fun suckers who don't make you want to laugh or laugh at you.  When we're commanded to be like little children, I wonder if that includes the laughter study and increasing our average daily laughs so that we allow ourselves to find humor and joy in the simple things. 

This life lesson brought to you by Liv Seibold. An apple a day may keep the Doctor away but laughing 150 times a day will keep from feeling like you hate your life away.  Don't go to bed until you find something to laugh at. If you can't think of anything, call my sister Em.


No comments:

Post a Comment