Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ode to Kim Cherry...


 I have someone in my life that all people need to meet.  Her name is Kim Cherry. She is one of those people that from the beginning I was friends with in my brain for a long time before we starting actually talking.  At first I was intimidated because she dresses like she works as a fashion model but really she works putting her 3 year old in time out and magnifying her homemakerhood like me.  Let's play a guessing game so you can start to see why I appreciate this woman in my life:
 Last week Gar asked me to make cinnamon rolls for his presentation he had to give at work.  Every time I have ever attempted any sort of bread product it turns out like hard frisbee.  I didn't stress this time, I just called Kim Cherry who spent the entire day helping her baking handicapped friend make a million cinnamon rolls.
 Then there was that one time I was in labor (I try to think about that as little as possible, it does not make me feel warm thrilled feelings) and Gar was at work. Who did I call? Duh. Kim Cherry.
Who brought me my favorite dessert in the hospital? If you guessed Kim Cherry you are correct.
A few weeks ago she called just to say that she had made hot fresh homemade french bread and wondered if I wanted some...


 And let us not forget that Kim Cherry is married to a professional chef who is extremely funny and showed up last week wearing a shirt that said, "I'm naked under this shirt", and brought us the most divine Asian Salad.  Game nights with them make your stomach hurt.
 Then there was this morning when we had a little hang out with our friend Jillian Michaels while she attempted to shred us...


Ashton didn't have weights so he improvised with a fake corn and boggle game spinner.  It was a good time indeed followed by green smoothies.
 Some people just come into your life and you know you are supposed to know them.  I don't know if we ate lunch a few times together in premortality or what but I am always so grateful to re-meet those people that make your life so much better. Kim Cherry is definitely one of those people.

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."  -C.S. Lewis


1 comment:

  1. Oh dear chelsey...if only you knew that YOU, my friend, are the one blessing MY life!! you are such a bright spot. you make me want to be a better person - in every way.
    i love you so much, and i am so honored to be featured on such a cool blog. i feel famous...

    ReplyDelete