Monday, July 11, 2011

Ball dropping in summer....


I know everyone gets all excited to get a gym pass, make goals and start over when the ball drops on News Years at midnight.  It's as if we honestly start to believe that there were be some magical mighty power ranger metamorphosis in our souls when the clock strikes 12.  Unfortunately, time induced clock changes that dramatic only happened to Cinderella. The rest of us have to make an effort consistently.  After going to the gym twice I remember G waking me up early to go again and I sleepily/grumpily responded that I didn't want to go that morning.  When he asked why I clearly stated, "Because it doesn't do anything."  I think secretly I was hoping that those two workouts would have everlasting fat blasting results.  I remember G laughing and getting bugged because I couldn't figure out what he thought was funny about my serious answer.  You see, I'm married to a man who understands the principle of consistency, dilligence and the self discipline.  He sweetly tried to help me understand the concept of the necessity consistent good habits in having permanent change in our lives.  Anyway, the point is that when the ball drops on new years, it's only a matter of weeks or days before I drop the ball of new resolutions in my own life.  Thus, I like to think of goal setting in terms of seasons.  This was G's original thought and I loved it (plus it has added credibility seeing as it comes from the goal master himself).  Every season is a chance to recommit ourselves, re evaluate where we are and what we need to be doing.  The first day of summer is one of my favorites.  We celebrated this year with a barbeque, corn on the cob, salad and potato.  Classic summer foods.  I love summer.  I love change. I love my husband.  I love my life.
The mighty civic and part of our house...

No comments:

Post a Comment