Friday, July 8, 2011

Sickle thrusting on Thursday nights....

My favorite part about Bluefield so far....the fact that we have left the Mormon anthill and live by the Baptist church, Christ's church, the Pentecostal, The holy cross church and 4 or 5 others.  I love our little ward where after sacrament on Sunday, Brother Richardson came up to me and said, "Do you like to teach about Jesus?" When I said yes he asked, " Would you like to teach about Jesus with 5 seconds to prepare?  Excellent.  Would you mind teaching Sunday School to the youth?"  I went to the room and found out they don't have young womens, they have young woman.  One. The young mens has three times that, as in there are 3 of them.  Business isn't booming in the ward but I love these sister missionaries.  They come for dinner on Thursdays and then Liv and I go with them to give lessons, visit less actives and do a little sickle thrusting in the white field (or I should say Bluefield...ha).  I love being apart of this.  I love missionary work so much.  I think I have some selfish motives for wanting the sisters to baptize families...not just for the salvation of the converts but for my own sanity so I have people at church to talk to!  Our ward is so small and funny but we'll save those stories for another day.  I love being apart of this.  It's like being on a mission without having to speak spanish or wear nylons and I get to sleep by G at night instead of some girl I would never invite to my birthday party under normal circumstances.  Yes the field is white in Bluefield.  I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment