Sunday, January 15, 2012

The legend of Elder Sargent's stomach....

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner.  I had heard that one of the Elders could put away food at an alarming rate so I doubled the Mexican mush I was making in his behalf.  I am glad I did.  This is one of those things that anyone could care less about unless you were there, but I was there and I can't stop thinking or talking about.  As we fell asleep last night, it was the last thing I mentioned.  I'm surprised I didn't dream about it.  G brought home IBC cream sodas for the occasion which was fun because I love beverages. Water is to keep plants alive, not something to be served with meals.  G is a strict water consumer and I love everything but water to drink.  My dream would be to have a Sonic in my kitchen so I could make every possible beverage combo and have an extra supply of dry ice on hand just for special effects. 
Anyway, the Elder you see above looks normal.  He is normal. Except for his stomach.  I was gratified as the cook when he heaped his plate so full I asked him if he wanted another plate. He said no.  I thought to myself,
"There is no way that Blackfoot Idaho native is going to put away all that food. That's enough for a small family. Plus cousins. He's going to be sick if he eats all that."  I was in the kitchen getting the apple crisp ready when he came with his clean plate and I joked, "Are you here for seconds?"  He didn't think it was a joke because he nodded and then filled his plate again.  I was boggled. I had to take a picture because I had never seen anything like it.  You think I would not be shocked since I have a brother named Taylor but this guy, there are no words.
This was his second, smaller portion.  Keep in mind these are large plates; extremely large. I've heard the saying, "You have eyes bigger than your stomach", but this Elder had a stomach that made my eyes get bigger...

No comments:

Post a Comment