Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ann Geddes gone bad...

I had a vision for childhood cuteness.  Do you remember when Ann Geddes came out with all those pics of babies with abnormally large flowers attached to their heads (sometimes it looked more like the whole bush) or in butterfly costumes, or coming out of flower pots?  They were a hit and people went nuts buying calendars of random babies in cute costumes that they had never met.  I never quite caught on to the phase.  Pogs? Yes, I admit I did have a sweet slammer and loved that fad, but not the Ann Geddes.  Anyway, I decided to attempt a little creative photography myself and had a vision for how cute Liv would look in her pumpkin outfit with this cute orange hat, smiling big and melting hearts around the world. I had visions of making entire calendars and putting Ann Geddes out of business once and for all.  Pictures like these are what I was imagining for Liv:





That is until I attempted and realized that all I had was a blue plastic bumbo chair for props, the cute hat actually looked like a chemo treatment cap and her facial expressions were about as awkward as a 14 year old in full bloom puberty at their first stake dance.  I shall post the disastrous results below:

So, I guess I will forget the idea all together and appreciate the fact that my little chemotherapy pumpkin model has a career in something else besides photography.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I laughed so hard! Those are some great faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me CRYING I'm laughing so hard. Oh heck, I'm glad I found your blog. You are one top notch lady, and I just love you.

    ReplyDelete