Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Soul Spa.



Sometimes I don't know what I was thinking in heaven when I was all jumping around cheering for the "Give me a body" plan.  I mean, talk about low maintenance, just taking care of a spirit seems like a whole lot less effort than this whole body thing.  Bodies stink. Bodies get fat.  They require washing, clipping, exercising, feeding, sleeping, moisturizing, exfoliating, etc. (PS I don't ever exfoliate but some people do.  Those same kind of people are like in a gold care body club because they also do things like get their nails done and own a pumice stone in their bath tub).  Anyway, I sometimes get so stressed out trying to take care of my body (let alone bringing other humans into the world and trying to take care of their bodies).  I read in 3 Nephi 13:25 this morning where it says, "Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.  Is not he life more than meat, and the body than raiment?"   It made me think of that scripture in D&C 101 that says, "Care for the life of the soul."

If I do my Tony Horton fat shaker video, shower, brush my teeth, put on lotion, makeup, perfume, and match my outfit I realize that I spend of  heck of lot more time worrying about the bod than what really matters.  Sometimes my scripture study is the equivalent of a moldy baby carrot and there's no way that it can sustain life, the kind of spiritual life that I need for my whole soul to feel alive.  As Elder Charles Penrose in the 1909 General Conference said, "Existence is one thing, life is a great deal more." I may have a great beating heart and brain activity but feeling alive doesn't happen unless I stop just taking care of my body and do things to feed my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment