Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Two things I love.

When my mom and sister came I realized how boring the west is.  Cars. Bikes. Boring. What we need is a metro across the United States. Except for the fact that I felt like a Tongan in China in trying to understand how to known which ticket to buy and how anyone can figure out where that underground railroad is really going.

I would also like to take this opportunity to bear my testimony of Rosalie Sharp.  I know that everyone is unique and that there is no one in the world exactly like you but that statement is even more true for an elite club of extra individuality.  It's the kind of person that you never think, "hmm, you remind me of so and so..." because quite frankly, they don't remind you of ANYONE because they are so good at being themselves.  Rosalie Sharp is one of those people.  Who knew Em and my old room mate from the heart of BYU singleness in Provo Utah would someday be living in the same city as our president at the same time we come to visit and that in a path crossing more intricate and detailed than any metro system, we would meet up again. It was so fun to see Rosalie. Rosalie that plays the euphonium and has a masters degree from England in archeology.  I'm pretty sure I don't have any other friends who fit that description and have spent their summers in Italy not eating noodles and gaining weight, but digging up old bones. I love her. I love path crossing. Especially on metros.

No comments:

Post a Comment