Saturday, December 10, 2011

2 things you need to try. Today.

I have two things to improve your life right this second.  The first is something you may have discovered years ago but is new to me.  I have never liked chocolate. Never. It takes like dirt. I realize that this is abnormal.  G loves rocky road so I have been buying it for the last 18 months of marriage and never partaken. A few nights ago we were playing our new favorite game (Are you smarter than a 5th grader on wii) and he was eating a bowl and for some reason I decided to try it.  Now I only mourn the last 18 months when I could have known about its goodness.  If your taste buds have not tried this, then you must deprive them no longer.  For 3 bucks, your taste buds can dance with chocolate delight.   Look for a container that looks like this:
Second item of business.  If you want your home to smell like Christmas heaven then do the following and you won't regret it.  In fact, if you do regret it I will send you $5 cash in the mail because I am extremely confident that you will love it. 
Get a saucepan and cut up an orange and then put enough water to barely cover the orange slices.  Then add 1 Tb cinnamon or put in fresh cinnamon rollup things if you have them.  Add a dash of vanilla and some cloves spice and then let it simmer.  Seriously the best smell. You will feel like you just went up a level on your homemakerhood, not to mention made the house tingle with Christmas cheer and delight.  Give it a try and you'll be pleased you did.   Liv just went to sleep so it is time to be productive.

1 comment:

  1. You totally taught me how to make that Christmasy smelly good delight while we were freshmen in college! I still do it to this day. If I don't have oranges, I use apples, and orange imitation flavor with cinnamon and all that other stuff.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete