Sunday, December 11, 2011

Happy song.

Every Saturday morning Liv and I drive to house we love to teach a very energetic seven year old.
Yesterday we were there so long I was hungry and on their table they had a can of mixed nuts and so while Kristin was playing I made sure no one was looking and then I opened them and stole a handful.  Well as I was subtly trying to eat, grams came in with the baby strapped to her back and Kristin said loudly, "Eat the white smooth ones.  They taste sweet."  I just acted like I didn't know what she was talking about since Grams was right there as we played "Merrily we Roll along".

I asked her to play her next song, "Happy Song," and she said, "Oh no, oh no, oh no, this one is hard."  I said, "C'mon, you can do it."  She said, "Hold on one minute."  Then she climbed up on her chair, kneeled on top and said a prayer and then she took a huge breath and said, "Now I'm ready."  I smiled because she was so stressed about it.  I thought how many times get so overwhelmed and stressed about things in life that to me seem insurmountable  when really they are like "Happy Song" and its going to be just fine but praying seems to be the only thing to make me feel like there's a chance in Christmas I can do it.  The funny thing is, she played the song perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment