Wednesday, December 21, 2011

G under the microscope...

When I was in 8th grade I was in the science club. I also had headgear, wore a black braided belt and had bangs that looks like someone hair sprayed a sea anemone to my forehead.  I would post a picture but I prefer to not think of my Quasimodo awkward days of embarrassment. Anyway, one of the things we did at nerd club was use a scanning electron microscope where you could magnify anything over 1000x.  Check your own nerdiness below and see if you can tell what these images are:

If you can recognize these images, that prob means you were in some nerd club of your own in 8th grade and/or you are just weird.  The first image is red licorice, the second is sprinkles and the third is velcro. 
Now for the point. 

Sometimes G needs us to bring him lunch because he doesn't feel like eating double fried bacon (they deep double fry everything here. I'm not joking. I mean everything.) Sometimes when you have access to something so close everyday, you don't recognize how phenomenal it really is.  When you are so close to someone every day and can notice and see things that other people can't (ie a scanning electron microscope relationship) you sometimes forget the bigger picture of who they are.

Yesterday when I was driving to give G his lunch I saw him walking and I started taking pics just because I wanted to.  When I saw him walking I was just startled at how attractive and amazing he is.  Now don't get me wrong, I always know he is attractive and amazing but something about seeing him from a distance made me re-realize for the gizillionth time who I get to be married to.  

Approaching specimen A. Or I should say specimen G.


Getting closer....
Even closer...
Patiently waiting for his lunch and patiently wondering why the heck his wife keeps taking pictures...
Magnification at 1000X. Sometimes I really do feel all jittery and excited like I just swallowed a ground bloom on the fourth of July when I see him.
Especially when he comes home and does this 10 seconds after walking through the door....
Some people look really fantastic from far away but the closer to you become, the more you see hideous flaws and shortcomings that were invisible from a distance.  What if they had a scanning electron microscope that could examine and magnify what someone's soul is really made off.  I would not one someone to see all my motive blackheads and social zits that are so obvious when you get too close. Being married to G is the opposite. Knowing him up close, seeing the details and fiber or all his strengths at weaknesses only makes me more grateful for who he is.  I'm not saying that he is perfect, but he is definitely perfect for me. The closer I get and the more I get to know who he is, the more I am in awe and in love with specimen G forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment