Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Treasures...

I have a new hobby. A joy. A passion if you will.  It's called garage sales in Michigan.  Some garage sales make you want to jump into a pool of hand sanitizer and get tested for herpes after touching piles of junk.  That is not a Michigan garage sale.  Michigan garage sales are the mecca for all second hand shopping converts.  I am allergic to buying new clothes or getting clothes at the mall. I support people who do, I just rather buy mine second hand so going to Michigan garage sales was a dream come true.  Everything is so nice and organized you feel like you just walked into an outdoor GAP.  I love a good deal. I just do.  It's in my blood.  Friday, Becky, Kerry (my sister in laws) and I headed out and found treasures.  We laughed so hard that my stomach hurt after some lady gave me a free bra and I bought a blow up fish for a pool I don't have and I couldn't hear anything going on in the front seat because I was crammed under a large picture and chair that Kerry bought.



Saturday morning Mom Seibold and I headed out in an empty suburban with $100 cash.  We returned 2 hours later with a suburban crammed, literally crammed full and $2 left over.   I couldn't have been happier.  It was such a fun unforgettable morning.  My number one treasure happened when I saw this little guy for $1 sitting on a table:
Yes. I now own a real shark in formaldehyde for the same price that people pay for a jr. bacon cheeseburger.  Let's just say I have the perfect white elephant gift for this Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment